Monday, May 5, 2008

Update about no real update!

Hey everyone,

We hope this finds all of you well and enjoying the change in weather.  Rachael for one loves it and could live outside.  She exclaims with glee, sometimes a few times a day, “It’s Spring!”

We are in the process of painting Baby Boy’s room and creating his nursery; Laura is doing a great job choosing his nursery items, and is simultaneously working on Rachael’s to-be “Big Girl” room as well.  Soon Rachael will have a brand new Big Girl Bed-just last week, she asked for a big girl bed “without bars”, then noted that she was worried she might fall out of a bed without bars. She has obviously given this upcoming change some thought.

On the official adoption news front there is not much to tell.  Natalie at Gladney sent us a very nice handwritten note at are 1 ½ month wait list anniversary.  They continue to excel at customer service. 

I for one, am starting to get a little anxious (starting the new job, and working Monday thru Friday for the 1st time in my life, helped keep me / us busy for a while).  The waiting isn’t necessarily hard yet, but day by day it becomes more interesting.  Reading other families’ blogs makes one realize, this may actually happen.  Could it be soon?  Laura and I can’t wait to get “The Call,” and start the next step, but we know, in time, it will come, and there are other  very deserving families in the process right along with us. 

Everyone, please have good and safe days.

 

2 comments:

DC said...

I hope the new job is going well and that you get your referral very soon!

I'm glad I found your blog! My husband and I are in the very early stages of an Ethiopian adoption and have narrowed our options down to Gladney and one other agency. I'd love to get your input on Gladney.

I'm new to the blogosphere, so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance. :)

http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey David! It's Ethan. Your mom sent me the link to your blog. Good luck with the adoption, I'll be following along. My eldest son, Isadore, is just about the same age as your Rachael (who's super cute, btw). Pics of everybody over here: webothlikesoup.wordpress.com

Download Web Counter
Xanga Counters